- John Kerry met this weekend with Iranian officials in an attempt to solidify nuclear treaty negotiations (USA Today).
- A new Syrian offensive is on with an unprecedented amount of foreign support, much of which comes from Iran (Foreign Policy).
- Ireland legalized gay marriage (USA Today)… the US Supreme court decision should be out this month.
- The newest Ukrainian governer was the prior leader of Georgia (the country, not the state) (abcNews).
- David Cameron won a landslide victory to stay Prime Minister of the United Kingdom for another 5-years (USA Today).
- Cuba was removed from the US terrorism list, which they have been on since the Cold War (Miami Herald).
- Venezuelans massed for their largest protest since 2014 against the current government (Miami Herald).
- Thinking of vacationing in Mexico? Check out this Huffington Post article first.
- The 2016 US Presidential election field is filling out quickly on the Republican side, not so much for the Democrats. For more information on individual candidates try http://www.2016election.com/
- Democrat: Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Martin O’Malley
- Republican – Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, Mike Huckabee, Rand Paul, Marco Rubio, George Pataki, Rick Santorum
- Baltimore riots followed a police caused death reminiscent of those recently in Ferguson, MO. The National Guard was called up and prosecutors surprised everyone with a quick decision to charge the officers after only a few days reviewing the case (AP).
- The surviving perpetrator of the Boston marathon bombing was sentenced to death.
- In the wake of a recent disclosure that live Anthrax was inadvertently sent to facilities there has been much buzz about other labs that work with dangerous pathogens around the country (USA Today).
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.